General terms and conditions
Fashion Society A/S
Rue de Tokyo Store
Strandstraede 19, 1255 Copenhagen
§1 GENERAL AND APPLICATION
The following terms and conditions shall apply for all contracts between the customer and RUE DE TOKYO about the delivery of goods, which are ordered in RUE DE TOKYO online shop under the website ruedetokyo.com, respectively myshopify.ruedetokyo.com.
§ 2. ACCOUNT
(1) The customer is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of its account and password and for restricting access to its computer to prevent unauthorized access to its account. The customer agrees to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under its account or password.
(2) The customer should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform RUE DE TOKYO immediately if it has any reason to believe that its password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorized manner.
(3) The customer shall ensure that the details which are provided to RUE DE TOKYO are correct and complete. The customer shall inform RUE DE TOKYO immediately of any changes to the information that has been provided at the time of registration.
§ 3. CONCLUSION AND SUBJECT MATTER OF CONTRACT
(1) Rue de Tokyo's advertising and presentation of products in the online-shop under the website Rue de Tokyo, respectively ruedetokyo.com, is an invitation to treat The customer’s order constitutes an offer within the meaning of § 145 BGB.
(2) The customer places the order by carrying out the following steps:
(a) Select product(s) and “add to bag”.
(b) Select “view Cart” to see detailed information of the products to be purchased: in particular, the stock level is indicated by different colors, i.e. green color means that the product is “on stock”, red color means that the product is “out of stock”. To proceed with the purchase click on “Final Checkout”.
(c) Enter all personal information and click on “Continue”.
(e) Choose relevant credit card as your payment method and enter all credit card details. For payment Rue De Tokyo only accepts the following credit cards: maestro / master, visa. Rue De Tokyo does not accept other methods of payment.
(3) After placing an order, RUE DE TOKYO will send an email to the customer, which confirms receipt of the order and contains the details of the order. This email does not constitute the acceptance of the offer.
(4) RUE DE TOKYO accepts the offer either by shipping the products to the address provided by the customer or by confirming the shipping by an email. The contract has not been concluded before RUE DE TOKYO has accepted the offer.
§4. PRICES AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT
(1) RUE DE TOKTO’s products can only be purchased through RUE DE TOKYO’s official website ruedetokyo.com, respectively ruedetokyo.myshopify.com. The product numbers stated on the website are exclusive. The amount will be charged when the item is shipped.
(2) All prices stated on the online-shop are in Euros and inclusive 25% Danish VAT. For customers who is located outside EU and who is requesting a delivery address outside EU, Denmark VAT will be deducted from the purchase amount during the checkout and payment process, ref; § 3.2(d) and §3.2(e) Shipping costs are not included. For detailed shipping costs, see § 5 below.
(3) For payment RUE DE TOKYO only accepts the following credit cards: Visa, EuroCard/MasterCard. RUE DE TOKYO does not accept other methods of payment.
(4) In case of delivery outside EU the customer is obliged to bear the customs duties and further costs incurred. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so the customer should contact the local customs office for further information.
§ 5. DELIVERY
(1) Products which are “on stock” will be delivered inside Denmark and the EU within 7 working days. Delivery outside the EU within 14 working days.
(2) For products which are “out of stock” the delivery period can be up to 8 weeks in case of delivery inside Denmark and the EU. In case of delivery outside the EU, the delivery period can be up to 10 weeks.
(a) If the customer orders several items and one or more of the ordered items are currently out of stock, RUE DE TOKYO will not ship the goods until each of the ordered items is back in stock again. The delivery time in that case may take up to 8 weeks for customers within the EU and up to 10 weeks for customers who are located outside the EU.
(3) The shipping costs depend on the customer’s location:
(a) place of delivery inside Denmark: 6.00 Euro
(b) place of delivery inside Norway: 15.00 Euro
(c) place of delivery inside mainland EU: 10.00 Euro
(d) place of delivery outside EU: 25.00 Euro
(e) DHL Remote Area Surcharge (DHL) for DHL extra fee.
(4) RUE DE TOKYO will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
(5) The risk of loss or damages will not pass to the customer until the goods have been delivered to the customer.
§ 6. Returned goods
(1) The customer has the right to return new unworn or unused goods within 14 days. Goods should be returned in their original packaging where relevant. They are to be unused other than for the purpose of trying on for fit. If there is evidence to suggest that the goods have been used to a degree such as to decrease the value of the product, the customer loses his/her right to exercise a return. The 14-days-period shall begin to run after receipt of this instruction (e.g. via e-mail, fax), but in any event no earlier than the goods have been received by the customer. In order to comply with the 14-days-period, it shall be sufficient for the products in question to have been dispatched as new and unused within this period. The customer is not entitled to return goods to a RUE DE TOKYO store, but is only entitled to return the goods directly to RUE DE TOKYO.
(2) In the event of the return of the products, any services and products received, and any profit derived there from, shall be returned.
(3) RUE DE TOKYO will only cover shipping costs incurred in returning the product(s) if the return is a result of our error.
(4) Articles can only be returned in case they are still welded and packed in their original hygiene slips and/or packages. Our return policy does not affect your statutory rights. We only refund to the credit card that was used to place the order - this is to prevent fraud!
§ 7.RETENTION OF TITLE RUE DE TOKYO retains title to the goods until receipt of all payments in full. § 8.WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
(1) RUE DE TOKYO will give a two-year guarantee on all products.
(2) The used stones and other natural raw materials and products are not defective in case of insignificants deviations in form, shape, color and weight within accepted standards of natural products due to raw materials.
§ 9.DATA PROTECTION
(1) RUE DE TOKYO is entitled to collect, process and use our customers’ data in accordance with applicable data protection law.
(2) RUE DE TOKYO will only use the customer’s data for purpose which the data are provided for and/or for correspondence with the customer.
(3) If necessary for the processing of payment, RUE DE TOKYO will transfer the customer’s payment data to the credit institute which is instructed with the payment.
§ 10. LINKS As far as RUE DE TOKYO refers or set up links to any other website at its website ruedetokyo.com, RUE DE TOKYO does not assume any liability for the completeness, the correctness or the data protection of the respective websites’ content.
§ 11. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
(1) The contract shall be governed by the laws of Denmark.
(2) Exclusive place of jurisdiction for any dispute arising out or in connection with this contract is Copenhagen.
(3) In case that any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are invalid, void or not legally enforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of the terms and conditions.
§12. RIGHT TO CLAIM COMPENSATION
If your RUE DE TOKYO product breaks due to a production error, you have the right to claim compensation within 2 years from the date you purchased your products. This will, however, only apply if you are able to provide valid proof of the date of purchase. If you are able to provide such proof, you will receive a new piece, or have it repaired by us free of charge. Please contact our customer service via email stating your order number, description and photo of the damage. We reserve the right to decline unreasonable repairs, returns and exchanges. If you have questions concerning repairs, please reach out to customer service and we will do our best to help you.